Hazel Graham's Pizza (Pita) bread dough recipe:
1 tbsp yeast1 tbsp sugar (I didn't use this ingredient - recipe works fine without)
1 1/2 c warm water
3 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (can mix white with wheat - I used straight wheat)
1/2 cup semolina flour (I didn't use, just use a little more wheat and a little more water)
1 tbsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
Mix & knead. Let rise. Cut a piece of dough using a knife (be careful not to stretch dough or it won't bubble to a pita) . Roll to 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 500 degrees for 4 min. Cool for a minute on the baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack.
If using for pizza, this recipe is enough for 3 pizzas.
My mom does individual pizza rounds using this recipe also.
Salad Dressing:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water (I use a purified water)
1/8 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos (the original recipe called for soy sauce, but I don't like soy sauce - also when I quad the recipe, I don't quad this ingredient, it's more to taste than amount)
1/8-1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I don't use this ingredient very often; it didn't agree with me when I did my cancer stuff so we've gotten used to not having it - it would be a good addition though)
1-2 tbsp chopped onion
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
Blend all the ingredients. Store in fridge. The longer it sits, the milder it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment